Section 7: "To Rome then Heaven" [19:21]
Review of Outline of Acts
7.1 Revisited the churches [19:21-21:14]
Uproar in Ephesus [19:23-19:41]
Revisited Greece [20:1-6]
Man raised from the dead [20:7-12]
- [20:7-12] Raised from the dead
- not for evangelistic purposes, but simply to encourage them
- Table of all occurrences of signs and wonders in Acts
Ephesus: tearful goodbyes [20:13-38]
- Ephesus had become the centre of the church in Turkey
- What do we know of them later?
Prophetic warnings [21:1-14]
- Were the prophets wrong?
- Should Paul have followed what they told him to do?
7.2 Arrest and trials [21:15-26:32]
- Was Paul wrong to do what he did?
Trouble in Jerusalem [21:15-36]
Testimony to Jews [21:37-22:29]
Tried by Jewish leaders [22:30-23:11]
- What do you think about the way Paul saved himself?
Tried by Felix [23:12-24:27]
Tried by Festus [25:1-12]
Tried by Agrippa (testimony) [25:13-26:32]
7.3 Journey to Rome [27-28]
Malta: Snakebite & healing [28:1-10]
- Do you remember where Jesus said something about this?
Rome: proclaiming the Kingdom without hindrance [28:11-30]
- [28:26-27] is a hard quote. What does it mean?
- Do you believe that Acts is a one-off, or can see that level of the supernatural again in the church?
- We must never stop being hungry for more
- never grow complacent
- Do you think that Jesus will pour out the Spirit like this again before he returns
- I think so!
- Are you excited?
- Lets really be passionate about praying for more!