Section 3: "They’re forced to flee" [6:8]
- Is the Holy Spirit happy to leave them growing and prospering contentedly in Jerusalem?
- 6:8 What was the result of laying hands on Stephen?
- 6:10 What was this gift
- 7:1-53 Is this a pointless meander through history?
- Show video clip [7:51-8:3]
- 8:4 What was the result of laying hands on Philip?
- Show video clip [8:4-40]
- 8:15-16 What do you make of these verses?
- How come they didnt receive the Holy Spirit
- Was the wrong formula spoken at their baptism?
- Was Philip not powerful enough?
- 8:27 What is the significance of him being a Eunuch?
- Deut 23:1
- What can we learn from this about the difference between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant?
- He would not have even been able to go into the temple when he visited Jerusalem
- He is so hungry for God, that he still goes to Jerusalem, and reads what he cant understand
- Why? -The Spirit is drawing him in
- 8:39 What happened to Philip?
- Happened once earlier to the disciples, can you remember when?
- John 6:18-21
- Show video clip [9:1-31]
- 9:3-7 What was the manifestation of Gods presence?
- 9:18 What was the manifestation of receiving the Spirit?
- Why did he not have a flame of fire or speak in tongues?
- Difference between Classical Penetcostal and Vineyard positions
- Have you ever had stuff in your life that seemed bad at the time, but God was moving you out of your comfort zone?
- Who is the biggest enemy of the kingdom right now?
- pray for them to be saved
- Who do you know who seems least likely to be saved?