Part 4b - Epilogue [22:6-21]
note: these are very brief notes
- Jesus is coming soon—so take this seriously!!!
- there is an invitation for whoever wants to come and take the water of life freely
Some Problems in understanding Revelation
- Revelation seems so dark compared to other parts of the NT: Jesus and the kingdom and Paul’s teaching on the end times
- Revelation is not a balanced view of the future. It is presenting the military side. We must take it with other parts of Scripture, e.g. Ephesians’ teaching that the church will come into maturity
- What about all the bloodshed?
- Why is there no evangelism?
- there are hints of evangelism in Revelation e.g. people giving glory to God—something people never are said to do involuntarily
- in spiritual warfare, people get saved, not killed!
- chapter [11:15]—it is the evil rulers who are destroyed, but maybe lots of people who followed them will be saved
- We are told just to endure, to hang on. Is this all we will be doing?
- We are part of Christ’s army. this means we will fight (spiritually) and have victories!
- What about transforming our culture. Should we even try?
- Praise God for the amazing and extraordinary future we have and destiny we are called into
- Pray that the power of the Spirit in us will give us strength to endure the persecution and be victorious as we join Jesus in smashing the strongholds of Satan
Updated on 2011-05-27 by Andrew Fountain - loveintruth.com/teaching