- And you being dead in your transgressions and sins, 2in which you once walked according to the age of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience,
- among whom also we all once lived in the desires of our flesh doing the wishes of the flesh and of the thoughts, and we were by nature children of wrath as also the rest.
- But God being rich in mercy, because of his great love with which he loved us,
- 5even being dead as we were in transgressions,
- made us alive with Christ—by grace you have been saved!—
- 6and raised us up with him
- and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
- that he might show in the ages to come the surpassing wealth of his grace in kindness upon us in Christ Jesus.
- For by the grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not from you , of God is the gift; 9it is not from works, so no one may boast.
- For his work are we, created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared beforehand, that in them we might walk.
Updated on 2014-11-20 by Andrew Fountain - loveintruth.com/teaching