—How it relates to the New Creation
- Andrew Fountain – Oct 21, 2015
What is the Kingdom?
- It is the Rule of the King
- Justice, Righteousness, and Joy
- Rom 14:17 “for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.”
- Almost identical to the New Creation
The Kingdom has begun
- Matt 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
- Jesus is now ruling and the Holy Spirit is the manifestation of his kingdom power
- But the Kingdom will not be visible to our eyes till Jesus returns
Why I am optimistic about the Kingdom
- Hab 2:14 For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.
- Dan 2:34–35 But the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.
- Parables like the mustard seed and the yeast
What are we to do?
- Pray for the kingdom to come
- Spread the Kingdom
- Follow the King by living out Kingdom values