- For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we will certainly also be united in the likeness of his resurrection.
- We know that our old man was crucified with him so that the body of sin would no longer dominate us, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin.
- (For someone who has died has been freed from sin.)
- Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.
- We know that since Christ has been raised from the dead, he is never going to die again; death no longer is his master.
- For the death he died, he died to sin once for all, but the life he lives, he lives to God.
- So you too consider yourselves dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
- Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its desires,
- and do not present the members of your body to sin as instruments to be used for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who are alive from the dead and the members of your body to God as instruments to be used for righteousness.
- For sin will not be your master, because you are not under law but under grace.
based on NET Bible
Updated on 2015-09-13 by Andrew Fountain - loveintruth.com/teaching