John 6:41-51, 57
- So the Jews grumbled about him, because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.”
- They said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does he now say, ‘I have come down from heaven’?”
- Jesus answered them, “Do not grumble among yourselves.
- No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
- It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me—
- not that anyone has seen the Father except he who is from God; he has seen the Father.
- Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.
- I am the bread of life.
- Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.
- This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die.
- I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”
- As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me.
Updated on 2009-12-20 (r.105) by Andrew Fountain