1 Peter 1:3-13
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!By his great mercy he gave us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
- into an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, reserved in heaven for you,
- who by Godís power are protected through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
- This brings you great joy, although you may have to suffer for a short time in various trials.
- In order that the genuineness of your faith (more precious than gold that perishes, even though it is tested by fire) may be found to result in praise and glory and honour when Jesus Christ is revealed.
- Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him, and rejoice with joy that is indescribable and full of glory,
- because you are attaining the goal of your faiththe salvation of your souls.
- Concerning this salvation, the prophets who predicted the grace that would come to you searched and investigated carefully.
- They probed into what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating when he testified beforehand about the sufferings appointed for Christ and his subsequent glory.
- They were shown that they were serving not themselves but you, in regard to the things now announced to you through those who proclaimed the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaventhings angels long to catch a glimpse of.
- Therefore, get your minds ready for action by being fully sober, and set your hope completely on the grace that will be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed.
- But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people of his own, so that you may proclaim the virtues of the one who called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
Back to main teaching page at loveintruth.com