The Age to Come
—What we know and what we don’t
- Andrew Fountain – Nov 21, 2014
Five Views of the Millenium
- Now-Millenial/Pessimistic (A-Millenial)
- Now-Millenial/Optimistic (A-Millenial)
- What about babies?
- What about those who have never heard the gospel?
- How can a God of love punish people so severely?
- Why allow sin in the first place?
- Recent suggestions from people like Rob Bell (Love Wins) that everyone will end up in heaven.
- Really no basis in the Bible
- But his motives are good—to defend God agains accusations of unfairness
- problems with eternal punishment, hell
- Heaven can be confusing as well
- Just as Jesus coming was in shadowy terms...
- Have to trust in God’s love and fairness
- story of man falling off cliff and being saved
- story of west China monks
- story of Australian in the outback
- God’s grand plan—to rid the universe of evil