Jesus, the one “From Above”
1. Jesus came “from above”
- We cannot reach up and find him, he has found us
- This is one of the central themes in the Gospel of John
2. We must be born “from above”
3. Jesus constantly depended on power “from above”
- Jesus didn’t only come from God, but he lived moment by moment depending on power from above
4. We need to depend on Jesus, just as Jesus did on the Father
- One of the reasons is to demonstrate to us a life of dependence
- Jesus uses the image of bread from heaven, taken from the time in the wilderness John 6:41-51, 57
5. The way this happens is through the Spirit
- Jesus says in exactly the same way that the Father sent him, he is sending us
- So what is the message of Jesus’ birth in John?
- God has reached down by sending Jesus
- Nothing is possible without power from above
- This power is only available to us in Jesus
- Are you living a life that is struggling to reach up to God?
- or are you recognizing with Jesus your need to depend on him?
- Live the way Jesus intended us to, moment by moment depending on him through the Spirit