- So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living being“; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
- However, the spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and then the spiritual.
- The first man is from the earth, made of dust; the second man is from heaven.
- Like the one made of dust, so too are those made of dust, and like the one from heaven, so too those who are of heaven.
- And just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, let us also bear the image of the man of heaven.
- Now this is what I am saying, brothers and sisters: Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
NET Bible, plus revisions by AMF
Updated on 2015-10-20 by Andrew Fountain - loveintruth.com/teaching