6. Closing greetings 5:12-14
- Through Silvanus, whom I know to be a faithful brother,
I have written to you briefly,
in order to encourage you and testify that this is the true grace of God.
Stand fast in it.
- The church in Babylon,
chosen together with you, greets you,
and so does Mark, my son.
- Babylon??? (The city didnt exist any more)
- Peter is referring to Rome, but uses the name Babylon as a symbol of the centre of pagan world-domination, soon to be violently anti-Christian.
- Greet one another with a loving kiss.
Peace to all of you who are in Christ.
Back to main teaching page at loveintruth.com